Tanti Technology

My photo
Bangalore, karnataka, India
Multi-platform UNIX systems consultant and administrator in mutualized and virtualized environments I have 4.5+ years experience in AIX system Administration field. This site will be helpful for system administrator in their day to day activities.Your comments on posts are welcome.This blog is all about IBM AIX Unix flavour. This blog will be used by System admins who will be using AIX in their work life. It can also be used for those newbies who want to get certifications in AIX Administration. This blog will be updated frequently to help the system admins and other new learners. DISCLAIMER: Please note that blog owner takes no responsibility of any kind for any type of data loss or damage by trying any of the command/method mentioned in this blog. You may use the commands/method/scripts on your own responsibility. If you find something useful, a comment would be appreciated to let other viewers also know that the solution/method work(ed) for you.

Friday 13 December 2013

Installing the Virtual I/O Server from the HMC

Find instructions for installing the Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) from the HMC by using the installios command.

Before you start, complete the following tasks:
  1. Ensure that you meet the following requirements:
    • There is an HMC attached to the managed system.
    • The Virtual I/O Server logical partition and logical partition profile are created.
    • If you are installing Virtual I/O Server Version 2.2.1.0, or later, ensure that the HMC is at Version 7 Release 7.4.0, or later.
    • The Virtual I/O Server logical partition has at least one Ethernet adapter and a 16 GB disk assigned to it.
    • You have hmcsuperadmin authority.
  2. Gather the following information:
    • Static IP address for the Virtual I/O Server
    • Subnet mask for the Virtual I/O Server
    • Default gateway for the Virtual I/O Server
To install the Virtual I/O Server, follow these steps:
  1. Insert the Virtual I/O Server CD or DVD into the HMC.
  2. If you are installing the Virtual I/O Server through the public network interface, continue to step 3. If you are installing the Virtual I/O Server through a private network interface, type the following from the HMC command line:
    export INSTALLIOS_PRIVATE_IF=interface
    where interface is the network interface through which the installation should take place.
  3. From the HMC command line, type:
    installios
  4. Follow the installation instructions according to the system prompts.
After you install the Virtual I/O Server, finish the installation by checking for updates, setting up remote connections, creating additional user IDs, and so on. For instructions, see Finishing the Virtual I/O Server installation.
Note: As an alternative to the HMC, you can use the IBM® Systems Director Management Console (SDMC) to install the VIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment