Tanti Technology

My photo
Bangalore, karnataka, India
Sandeep Kumar | Founder, Tanti Technologies At Tanti Technologies, I share practical knowledge, hands-on tutorials, and real-world solutions across Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Machine Learning, Generative AI, and Agentic AI. My mission is to simplify complex technologies and provide actionable insights that help developers, engineers, and businesses learn faster, build better, automate smarter, and innovate with confidence. 🚀 Learn • Build • Automate • Innovate Follow Tanti Technologies for practical technology insights and next-generation AI solutions.

Friday, 18 April 2014

[How-To] Add, Remove CD/DVD ROM from LPAR Dynamically


Safe way to Move/Remove the CD/DVD ROM from LPAR using DLPAR Operation:
On the LPAR find out where the CD/DVD-ROM is assigned:
# lsdev -Cc cdrom
cd0   Available  03-08-00   SATA DVD-ROM Drive
# lsdev -Cl cd0 -F parent
sata0
# lsdev -Cl sata0 -F parent
sissas0
# lsslot -c slot
# Slot Description Device(s)
HEA 17 Logical I/O Slot lhea1 ent0
U789D.001.DQD52DG-P1-T1   Logical I/O Slot pci4 usbhc2 usbhc3
U789D.001.DQD52DG-P1-T3   Logical I/O Slot pci3 sissas0
U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V4-C0   Virtual I/O Slot vsa0
U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V4-C4   Virtual I/O Slot vscsi0
U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V4-C8   Virtual I/O Slot vscsi1
U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V4-C22  Virtual I/O Slot vscsi3
U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V4-C24  Virtual I/O Slot vscsi4
# lsdev -Cc cdrom -F "name physloc"
cd0 U789D.001.DQD52DG-P4-D1
Remove the slot from this host:
# rmdev -dl pci3 -R
cd0 deleted
sissas0 deleted
sata0 deleted
pci3 deleted
Then from HMC — go to –> Dynamically Logical Partitioning –> Physical Adapters –> Remove the controller and then assign to another partition.



No comments:

Post a Comment