Tanti Technology

My photo
Bangalore, karnataka, India
Sandeep Kumar | Founder, Tanti Technologies At Tanti Technologies, I share practical knowledge, hands-on tutorials, and real-world solutions across Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Machine Learning, Generative AI, and Agentic AI. My mission is to simplify complex technologies and provide actionable insights that help developers, engineers, and businesses learn faster, build better, automate smarter, and innovate with confidence. 🚀 Learn • Build • Automate • Innovate Follow Tanti Technologies for practical technology insights and next-generation AI solutions.

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Installing the Virtual I/O Server from the HMC



Find instructions for installing the Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) from the HMC by using the installios command.
Before you start, complete the following tasks:
  1. Ensure that you meet the following requirements:
    • There is an HMC attached to the managed system.
    • The Virtual I/O Server logical partition and logical partition profile are created.
    • If you are installing Virtual I/O Server Version 2.2.1.0, or later, ensure that the HMC is at Version 7 Release 7.4.0, or later.
    • The Virtual I/O Server logical partition has at least one Ethernet adapter and a 16 GB disk assigned to it.
    • You have hmcsuperadmin authority.
  2. Gather the following information:
    • Static IP address for the Virtual I/O Server
    • Subnet mask for the Virtual I/O Server
    • Default gateway for the Virtual I/O Server
To install the Virtual I/O Server, follow these steps:
  1. Insert the Virtual I/O Server CD or DVD into the HMC.
  2. If you are installing the Virtual I/O Server through the public network interface, continue to step 3. If you are installing the Virtual I/O Server through a private network interface, type the following from the HMC command line:
    export INSTALLIOS_PRIVATE_IF=interface
    where interface is the network interface through which the installation should take place.
  3. From the HMC command line, type:
    installios
  4. Follow the installation instructions according to the system prompts.
After you install the Virtual I/O Server, finish the installation by checking for updates, setting up remote connections, creating additional user IDs, and so on. For instructions, see Finishing the Virtual I/O Server installation.
Note: As an alternative to the HMC, you can use the IBM® Systems Director Management Console (SDMC) to install the VIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment