Tanti Technology

My photo
Bangalore, karnataka, India
Sandeep Kumar | Founder, Tanti Technologies At Tanti Technologies, I share practical knowledge, hands-on tutorials, and real-world solutions across Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Machine Learning, Generative AI, and Agentic AI. My mission is to simplify complex technologies and provide actionable insights that help developers, engineers, and businesses learn faster, build better, automate smarter, and innovate with confidence. 🚀 Learn • Build • Automate • Innovate Follow Tanti Technologies for practical technology insights and next-generation AI solutions.

Tuesday, 19 November 2013

How to update Virtual I/O Server ?

Follow the below steps to update your VIO server :


1. Shutdown the VIO clients. This would not be required in case of dual VIO setup.

2. Apply the update using the below command (you have to use the proper syntax)

# updateios 

3. Reboot the Virtual I/O server

# shutdown -restart

4. Once the server comes back online, login and check the OS level

# ioslevel

5. After few weeks, you may have to commit the applied filesets

# updateios -commit


Here are the various ways of updating a Virtual I/O server

To update Virtual I/O server from a local directory :
# updateios -dev /tmp/viopack -install -accept


To update Virtual I/O servers from remote filesystem :
# mount NFS-server:/share-name /mnt
# updateios -dev /mnt -install -accept


To update Virtual I/O server from an optical drive :
# updateios -dev /dev/cd0 -install -accept


To commit all the uncommited filesets and then to update Virtual I/O server from an optical drive :
# updateios -f -dev /dev/cd0 -install -accept


Now let us look at the various uses of updateios command.

To commit  all the applied filesets :
# udpateios -commit

To clean up after an interrupted installation :
# updateios -cleanup

To reject all the applied (uncommited) filesets :
# updateios -reject

To remove a fileststem from Virtual I/O server :
# updateios -remove fileset-name

No comments:

Post a Comment