Tanti Technology

My photo
Bangalore, karnataka, India
Sandeep Kumar | Founder, Tanti Technologies At Tanti Technologies, I share practical knowledge, hands-on tutorials, and real-world solutions across Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Machine Learning, Generative AI, and Agentic AI. My mission is to simplify complex technologies and provide actionable insights that help developers, engineers, and businesses learn faster, build better, automate smarter, and innovate with confidence. 🚀 Learn • Build • Automate • Innovate Follow Tanti Technologies for practical technology insights and next-generation AI solutions.

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

How to update Virtual I/O Server ?



Follow the below steps to update your VIO server :

1. Shutdown the VIO clients. This would not be required in case of dual VIO setup.

2. Apply the update using the below command (you have to use the proper syntax)

# updateios
 

3. Reboot the Virtual I/O server

# shutdown -restart

4. Once the server comes back online, login and check the OS level

# ioslevel

5. After few weeks, you may have to commit the applied filesets

# updateios -commit


Here are the various ways of updating a Virtual I/O server


1. To update Virtual I/O server from a local directory

# updateios -dev /tmp/viopack -install -accept


2. To update Virtual I/O servers from remote filesystem

# mount NFS-server:/share-name /mnt
# updateios -dev /mnt -install -accept


3. To update Virtual I/O server from an Optical drive

# updateios -dev /dev/cd0 -install -accept


4. To commit all the uncommited filesets and then to update Virtual I/O server from an Optical drive and to

# updateios -f -dev /dev/cd0 -install -accept


Now let us look at the various uses of updateios command.

1. To commit  all the applied filesets

# udpateios -commit

2. To clean up after an interrupted installation

# updateios -cleanup

3. To reject all the applied (uncommited) filesets

# updateios -reject

4. To remove a fileststem from Virtual I/O server

# updateios -remove fileset-name

No comments:

Post a Comment